Spreading cheer and giving back is wonderful to do year round, but there is something about the holiday season that makes people want to give back a little more. There are plenty of ways you can do this, even for those who don’t have much time or money to spend. Here are 10 ways you can give back during this holiday season!
- Get creative and brighten a child’s day by Making Cards for Hospitalized Kids
- Donate unwrapped toys to underprivileged kids throughout the country by participating in Toys for Tots
- Loan money to start a small business in a Third World Countries. At Kiva.org you can read the story of someone who needs help starting a small business. For as little as $25, you can choose a loan to partially finance—and help lift someone out of poverty in the process.
- Donate Christmas Trees to a group of U.S. troops overseas through the program Trees for Troops
- Have a hands-on experience by volunteering at a soup kitchen. To find a soup kitchen location near you go to DoSomething.org
- Clean out your closet and donate some of your clothes Goodwill
- Plan to provide an entire Christmas for a family in need through The Salvation Army’s Adopt a Family Program
- Volunteer your time and vehicle to take patients to and from treatment through the American Cancer Society’s Road to Recovery Program
- Share the warmth and Donate A Coat to those in need
- Shop! When you shop on (Red) their partners donate up to 50% of the proceeds directly to the global fund.
How will you give back this holiday season?